Corey Harris, J.D., M.B.A., LL.M.
Founder and Managing Partner
As founder and managing partner of Veritas Global Law PLLC, Corey Harris brings with him over a decade of applied knowledge and experience in the areas of Corporate and Securities Law, as well as in Financial Services Technology.
Mr. Harris has worked extensively as a strategic advisor for world-class organizations that are at the forefront of technology and innovation, wealth management, digital assets, and cryptocurrencies, not only in the United States but also in Latin America and the entire ASEAN region.
Valued by clients for his professional excellence grounded in understanding practical business needs, he is unique is his breadth of experience across diverse practice areas which include, Financial Services Technology and SaaS, Private Investment Funds, Banking (broker-dealer, investment banking, securities lending), Regulatory Compliance, Corporate Governance, Biotechnology, and Mergers and Acquisitions, particularly in cross-border transactions.
A staunch advocate of lifelong learning, he has also completed an Oxford University Program in financial valuation, focusing on comparative financial model analysis deal structures across multiple scenarios, including: Corporate M&A, Growth Capital, Leveraged Buyout, Infrastructure, Real Estate, Distressed Assets and Special Situations.
Aside from managing Veritas Global, Mr. Harris also serves as General Counsel of SYNQA Pte. Ltd. (formerly Omise Holdings Pte. Ltd.), a Singapore-based technology company which operates an online merchant payments platform and a separate blockchain infrastructure business across a number of jurisdictions in Asia.
Concurrently, he is also Advisor to the SelfKey Foundation in Mauritius, a blockchain based self-sovereign identity ecosystem that empowers individuals and companies to find more freedom, privacy, and wealth through the full ownership of their digital identity.
Prior to founding Veritas Global, Mr. Harris was a partner track Associate with Proskauer Rose LLP, and later Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, representing clients across the United States, Asia, and Latin America.
Mr. Harris holds professional licenses to practice law in Massachusetts, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. in the United States.
University of Oxford Saïd Business School, Oxford, UK
Oxford Chicago Valuation Program, June 2019
The University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Berkeley, CA
Master of Laws, May 2015
Boston College Law School, Newton, MA
Juris Doctor, May 2008
Boston College Carroll School of Management, Chestnut Hill, MA
Master of Business Administration, May 2008
Hampton University, Hampton, VA
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, May 2004
Summa Cum Laude
Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT
The Japanese Language School, 2010
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
The Spanish Language School, 2001
PUBLICATIONS & APPEARANCES
- “The Past as Prologue: Shelby County v. Holder and the Risks Ahead,” UC Berkeley School of Law Journal of African-American Law & Policy and the Touro Journal of Race, Gender, and Ethnicity, 2015
- “The Dos and Don’ts of an SEC Examination,” Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, 2015
- “The Transparency Bandwagon,” eSeclending Quarterly Update, June 2012
- “SEC Proposed Rule 206(4)-(5) and Proposed Amendments to Rules 204-2 and 206(4)-3 Under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940,” National Venture Capital Association, June 2010
- “Oppression through Violence: The Case of Colombia – An Expansion of The Fetish Object,” The North Carolina Central Law Journal 29 N.C. Cent. L.J. 98, 2006
- Speaker: ICO4 Impact Virtual Summit, 2018
- Presenter: “The Scale of the Harm is Unprecedented: A Bellsian Analysis of the Financial Crisis,” unpublished paper presented at Western New England University School of Law, 2012
- Panelist: Mutual Fund Round Table, Boston University School of Law, 2010